In Alissa Quart’s “Extreme Parenting”, the author examines past studies about the effects of Mozart music on babies and questions the validity of the claims. Quart ultimately concludes her piece by stating all of the studies done have shown little evidence to support the claim that listening to Mozart at a young age leads to increased intelligence and the claims are false. Before I had even discovered whether the Mozart effect was true or not, I had already drawn my own conclusion: the Mozart effect does not lead to success. If parents force their children to listen to Mozart or use other extreme parenting methods to make their children, I believe the children have a greater chance of not fully social developing, which may force them to rely on themselves for all help. As the common phrase goes, “It’s not about what you know, it’s about who you” and children who are socially isolated in my opinion may have a more difficult time finding “shortcuts” or other ways to aid themselves in school and life in general. In addition to finding things more difficult in life, I feel that babies who are pressure to be a certain way by their parents can never fully develop into the person they desire to be and could end up being unhappy with them as well. I feel children, especially at young ages, should be able to enjoy their lives the way they want to and enjoy being a kid without extreme pressures from their parents. Although smart kids could make parents happy, I feel that parents should be content with whom their children and not have to mold them into who they want them to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment